Frequently Asked Questions

Share This

Personal Day Rollover Calculations

In our contract bargaining unit members can accumulate up to 5 personal days.  Any personal days earned over the 5 rollover to your sick leave balance.  3 personal days are earned per year.


If you want to check to see that this rollover is done properly you can look at your leave balances on your stubs or in the employee access center for the July checks.

Speaking at a Board Meeting



We encourage you to speak during the public comments portion of the meeting.

You must sign up to do so on a clipboard before the meeting.

You will be given 5 minutes, but it could be as little as 3 minutes if there are a lot of speakers.

Please be aware that your free speech as a district employee may not be fully protected under certain circumstances:


FAQ - Licensed Non-Teaching Members

If you are a counselor, social worker, nurse, school psychologist, SLP, OT, or any other position that is in Local 795 and not responsible for your own classroom, then you may have some specific contractual questions that differ fro

FAQ - Disability Income and Life Insurance

Our disability income plan provides $450 per month after a 30 day exclusion period if you are unable to work due to a disabling condition.  Payments continue until age 65 or until you return to work. Life insurance premium is waived during the period of disability.

Life Insurance Coverage - $63,000, while employed or until age 65 if you are under waiver of premium because of a disability.

Our Union administers both plans so claims are filed directly with the Union Office.

If you have an interest in adding to your life insurance, contact our office.

Personal and Sick Leave FAQ

Personal Leave:

Personal leave is earned under our contract and should be used for events and situations that are emergencies or cannot be rescheduled.  No approval is required for you to use personal leave except when it is taken around a school vacation period (before and after Labor Day, Rosh  Hashana, the first day of work, etc).  You “request” personal leave by putting it into Aesop so the district can find a sub if you need one.  Whenever feasible, you should put in for personal leave at least one week in advance.

Workplace Injury

What to do in the case of a workplace injury

Most workplace injuries occur either as a result of an accident or through an assault.  There are similar steps that should be followed in either case.

First, the person injured needs to get medical attention.

FAQ Family Medical Leave Act

What is FMLA?

The Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) is a 1993 federal law that provides up to twelve weeks of unpaid leave for eligible employees if they are unable to work due to illness or to care for a family member suffering from a serious health condition. Under the FMLA, insurance benefits continue without interruption or additional cost to the employee for up to twelve weeks.

How do I know if I am eligible to use FMLA?